A World of Motion:
Designing with Sliding Hardware
Date/ Monday, October 17
Time / 11am - noon
Location / The Kitchen Source, 1544 Slocum St.
Date/ Thursday, October 20th
Time / 9am - 10am
Location / Brown Jordan, 1405 Turtle Creek Blvd
Credit / 1 CEU & 1 barrier free CEPH
Sliding hardware systems allow the creation of flexible and space-saving design solutions. A multitude of applications exist for interior sliding hardware. This course will highlight the numerous sliding system movement and mounting options available on the market today. It uses phots, animations, and videos to illustrate how sliding hardware may be used on your future projects.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the latest product trends in modern sliding hardware systems.
- Describe the basic sliding panel movements and their common uses.
- Explain the standard mounting configurations for sliding furniture panels.
- Understand the ptions for sliding pocket and wall mounted (barn) doors.
- Compare available movement options between sliding wall partition systems.
- Select an appropriate sliding hardware system application type for your project.
A member of the Hawa team since May 2017, Brie continues to make her mark as Territory Manager for the South Central Region. With a Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design and over 10 years of experience in sales in the building supplies industry, Ramirez Laney works seamlessly between A&D, OEM’s, Installers and Distribution. When asked what she enjoys most about Hawa sliding hardware:
“I believe that architecture creates value for society. Hawa supports this process with solutions and products that address societal and individual needs. In collaboration with architects and designers, we rethink spaces, create more privacy, allow for flexibility, save space, and promote functionality.”
Brie is bilingual and currently working (along with her team) to learn Swiss German. Since joining the company Brie’s family has grown to include a husband, two fur babies and a newborn baby boy!